Vizio TV Firmware Update
To fix some minor bugs and get some additional features in the TV system, you are required to make a Vizio TV firmware update. Some of the Vizio TV models do not require you to update them as this will happen automatically whenever there is a working internet connection. However, not all models have this capability. Some of them will require you to do a manual Vizio TV firmware update if you are to enjoy the new features that have been incorporated in the updated firmware. In this case, you will be notified via an email to do the update manually. Here is how to go by the manual update:
Prepare your removable disk:
- Place the flash disc into the USB drive port on your computer. Give it time to recognize the drive and install it. Close the auto play window when it appears.
- Proceed to the windows menu: when you are here, click on the “computer” option. Then right click the disc drive letter that has been assigned for the flash disc and select the “format” option in the menu that appears.
- On the dropdown menu displayed, click the “FAT32” option. Quick format and restart your TV. After the notification that windows is done reformatting with the “FAT32” system, close that window.
Download and install the update::
- Go to the web browser and proceed to the Vizio website. Once you are there, click on: see resources > support link > downloads.
- On the search by model number search box, enter the particular model of your Vizio TV. You can also click on the “select your product” menu and scroll down to select the model number of your particular TV model.
- Select the “firmware/download firmware” link. Choose the location to save your firmware by navigating to the disc letter of your removable drive. It will be displayed in an .img format.
- Select the name of the file and press the F2 key to rename the file into “fwsu.img”. Close the windows explorer and remove your disc.
On the TV:
- Power off the Vizio TV, unplug the AC power code. Insert the disc into the port at the rear of the TV. Plug the cord back and power the TV on. A red or blue bar at the bottom of the screen indicates that the TV firmware is getting updated.
- The update is done once the illuminating Vizio logo on front of the TV turns off. Unplug the cord again and power off the TV before removing the disc. Plug back the cord and turn the TV on. View the firmware version using the “info” button on the remote and reset the TV channels.